The Rumtek Dzong Retreat,is perched at an altitude of 4500ft at "The Rumtek View Point",
just on the Road side; Rumtek. Gangtok. East Sikkim. One can easily reach "the Dzong" while coming to Gangtok,
a slight bend and beyond 08 kms “The Dzong” is ready to welcome you with the exotic Sikkimese "welcome non alcoholic drinks".
For those 08 kms,"The Dzong" has extended its "Pick-up Point" through the lush greeneries and the awesome views. The "Pick-up Point" being provided for the conveniences of the guests.
The Dzong Retreat is visible from as far as Gangtok since it is on a hill top with a magnificent view of the yonder hills. From Gangtok town the winding path with luxurious greeneries takes you to the Dzong which is exactly 22 breathtaking kms.away. The Dzong meaning "The Fort" in Sikkimese language aptly replicates the building done with the Local cut out stones. This luxury Retreat is ideally located and is one of a kind which lures the nature lovers. The chirping of the birds, the smell of raindrops on the moist earth and the feel of the lofty clouds passing by welcomes you to The Rumtek Dzong Retreat; a home away from Home.
The tranquil and the rejuvenating nature walking trail going through the winding private forest path adjacent to the Retreat is an experience in itself. The serenity and the quietness of the place is deafening yet with grandeur of all modern facilities. The Rumtek Dzong Retreat aptly compliments this exotic locale. It provides a magnificent view of the Gangtok town in the yonder valley with a tributary of the Teesta River and an extension of the Khanchendzonga range ie. snow covered hillocks, all viewed awesomely from the guest rooms.
How to reach rumtek/Gangtok,SikkimBY AIR
Sikkim's first airport is technically ready at Pakyong and will be fully operational by mid 2018. Sikkim Helicopter Service: Seat reservation procedure for Gangtok/ Bagdogra by STDC Helicopter 1. Call ticket reservation counter between 10 AM to 5 PM,
1. Land Line No=> 03592-203960 (GANGTOK),
2. Check for availability of tickets as per your travel date & seat requirement,
3. As per the head count total amount to be deposited at AXIS BANK ACCOUNT Branch-Gangtok IFSC Code-UTIB0000112,
4. PAYABLE TO => STDC A/C AXIS Bank Account Number = 911010038948444,
5. Bank deposit slip to be scanned and mailed at => firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com,
6. Kindly reconfirm with reservation staff before depositing the amount & after mailing the scan copy of bank deposit slip.,
1. GANGTOK to BAGDOGRA SORTIE DAILYSERVICE =11am (duration 35 min.),
2. BAGDOGRA to GANGTOK SORTIE DAILY SERVICE = 2:30pm (duration 35 min.),
In-case of excess luggage party concern can hire STDC Innova luxury car in advance / contact reservation staff on duty atleast 2 days in advance.
1. Joy Ride Gangtok Aerial View 15 minutes: 9500/Flight,
2. Kanchendzonga Mountain Flight Chartered Rs. 96000( Rs. 1200/minute),
3. Chartered Flight Rs 1200/minute,
4. Medical Flight: Gangtok - Bagdogra Rs. 22000,
5. Pilgrimage Flights: Char Dham-Tathangata Tsal - Samdruptse - Sai Mandir Rs-25,000/Flight,
6. Tsomgo Aerial Flights: Rs-18,990/4 people,
7. Bagdogra - Gangtok(Daily); Gangtok - Bagdogra(Daily) Rs-3,500/person (duration:30 - 35minutes),
For further information contact 03592-203960/209031
Siliguri (114 kms),
Darjeeling ( 94 kms),
Kalimpong ( 75kms),
New Jalpaiguri (148kms) There are different road links available to enter Sikkim but most important of them is from NJP (New Jalpaiguri in West Bengal State) on National Highway Number 31A(NH 31A).This road enters Sikkim at Rangpo check post(see the Map)Rangpo check post is located at a distance of 77 km from Siliguri.
Entry Formalities for Foreign nationals:
Foreigners must obtain Inner Line Permit (ILP) to visit Sikkim. These can be obtained from all Indian Missions, Sikkim Tourism Offices at New Delhi, Kolkata, District Magistrates Office of Darjeeling, Siliguri, and Rangpo on the strength of an Indian Visa.
The 30 days duration Permit is issued on the spot without any delay provided photocopies of the passport and visa along with two pass port photos of the applicants are made available. The permissible duration of the stay for foreign tourists is 30 days initially.
The State Government is authorized to extend the same by a further period of 30 days. The extension of the permit can be obtained from FRO at Gangtok and office of Superintendent of Police of the North, West and South Districts. For those interested in going for trekking in the interior region of the state, the Tourism and Civil Aviation issues Protected Area Permit (PAP) at Gangtok which is available for certain specified area for groups consisting of two or more foreigners subject to condition that the trekking programme is arranged through a registered travel agency.